Theatre West, thanks to the support of Bloomberg Philanthropies, is actively looking for an experienced, energetic, entrepreneurial relational fundraising professional to serve as its first Donor Relations Coordinator. The ideal candidate will focus on activities and strategies in support of Theatre West’s annual fund improving net revenue, the average gift size of renewing donors, and the number of recurring donors. This is an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic and creative individual to architect a fundraising and engagement strategy for an internationally acclaimed cultural institution’s individual giving program. This is a part-time, contract position. No benefits.
Position: Donor Relations Coordinator
Location: Cahuenga Pass / Universal City / Hollywood & Remote
Reports To: Executive Director
Schedule: 20 hours per week on average; flexible schedule with regular days, evenings & weekends
Compensation: Monthly retainer commensurate with experience
Expenses: Reimbursement for mileage and approved entertainment expenses within budget
Start Date: Immediate
Position Overview: The Donor Relations Coordinator will focus on activities and strategies relating to Theatre West’s individual giving and annual fund. With a focus on improving net revenue, the average gift size of renewing donors, and the number of recurring monthly donors, the primary functions of this position include cultivation, acquisition and stewardship of primarily individual donors.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, energetic, entrepreneurial relational fundraiser who is detail and goal oriented and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, manage and execute overall strategy for in person, direct mail, e-appeals, online and other fundraising strategies
- Coordinate data segmentation and oversee appeal customization
- Coordinate timelines, design, print processes and mailing lists
- Provide timely and accurate reports for forecasting and analysis
- Responsible for developing meaningful connections with a portfolio of annual fund donors as assigned
- Oversee individual donor recognition and allocation of benefits
- Develop, promote and manage recurring giving program
- Manage donor stewardship
- Work in tandem with marketing and communications team to ensure seamless donor communication
Key Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2-3 years of progressively responsible relational fundraising experience in advancement, preferably within a cultural institution
- Solid understanding of relational fundraising principles and methodologies
- Strong and compelling writing skills able to inform and inspire
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Must thrive on attention to detail, be organized and have the ability to multi-task to meet deadlines and goals
- Experience with Salesforce or other donor CRM preferred
- Proficient with mail merge and other advanced Microsoft Office features and functions
- Strong creative skills a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All contractors may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
To Apply: For consideration, please email email@example.com explaining your interest along with your current resume and salary history. Be sure to include Theatre West Position in the subject line. All expressions of interest will be held in the strictest confidence. No phone calls.